Thursday, March 19, 2009

Complicated Collections

Photobucket
Here is a Mandy who likes to draw and has made the portraits below. Her own captions are quoted with each one.

Photobucket
"Geez, I really need to create a recent drawing of this gorgeous man. Afterall, he is "The One"!Just wish I had the time. I really need to retire."

Photobucket
"Another picture done in the 80s of a soap actress named Charlotte Ross I admired at the time. She has since then been in several TV movies and series as well as films. She was most recently known for her 3yr stint on NYPD Blue as detective Connie McDowell."

Photobucket
"Oh yes, it's Patrick Swayze! My Mom and I had a thing for him during his "Dirty Dancing" days which is why we went to see "Point Break" at the theaters. We initially went for him but relatively unknown Keanu caught our eye. Patrick still holds a special place in our hearts, though."

Photobucket
"I did this a way back when I was into actor Joey Lawrence. This is a picture of him and his younger brothers who are also actors. A talented trio."

Photobucket
"This one is done on my favorite animal...cats. I put a rose in it's mouth to add my own personal touch."

This Mandy also has an entire room of her house devoted to the film The Matrix. She has posters, cardboard cutouts, and elaborate action figures.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But the best collection of all is Mandy's mother's (picture sadly unavailable) doll collection. This is not a store, but a room in a house.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder about the differences between mandys and courtneys when it comes to collections. It's a gray area.
And the rose in the mouth, so romantic, Mandy!

Liz said...

Sissy, is that the original order in which you encountered those drawings, or is the ordering another stroke of your genius?